- The journals of Lewis and Clark
- Astoria, or, Anecdotes of an enterprise beyond the Rocky Mountains by Washington Irving
- Narrative of the United States Exploring Expedition during the years 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842 by Charles Wilkes.
- Columbia's river: the voyages of Robert Gray, 1787-1793 by J. Richard Nokes
- Hail, Columbia!: Robert Gray, John Kendrick, and the Pacific fur trade by John Scofield
- The corps of discovery: staff ride handbook for the Lewis and Clark expedition by Charles D. Collins, Jr.
- Undaunted courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the opening of the American West by Stephen E. Ambrose
- Astoria : John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's lost Pacific Empire : a story of wealth, ambition, and survival by Peter Stark
- Astor and the Oregon country by Grace Flandrau
- The Wilkes expedition : Puget Sound and the Oregon Country by Frances B. Barkan, editor
- The Wilkes expedition; the first United States Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842 by David B. Tyler